Indeks Studio Filmowe
ul. Targowa 61/63
90-323 Łódź, Poland
ph. +48 (42) 275 46 11
Indeks produces feature, documentary, and animated films. Film debuts of students of the film school in Łódź, in particular, constitute an important area of company’s activity. Indeks allows students, graduates, and professors to carry out educational, academic, and promotional projects.
Company’s productions have received numerous awards at Polish and international film festivals, i.e.:
- “Diabły, diabły” (dir. Dorota Kędzierzawska) – was presented at nineteen international film festivals; awarded in Cannes, Paris, and Switzerland; received excellent international media reviews and four awards at the Polish Film Festival in Gdynia (1992);
- “Podróż na wschód” (dir. Stefan Chazbijewicz) – received special mention for photography at the Polish Film Festival in Gdynia (1994);
- “Księga Wielkich Życzeń” (dir. Sławomir Kryński) – was presented at many international film festivals and film showcases; received International Jury Award for best artistic contribution at the IFF in Cairo (1997), People’s Choice Award at the IFF in Tallin (1998), and Grand Prix Golden Grapes at the film festival in Łagów, Poland (1998);
- “Torowisko” (dir. Urszula Urbaniak) – was presented at many international film festivals and showcases; awarded in film debut and best actor in leading role categories at the Polish Film Festival in Gdynia (1999) and for best debut in Montreal (1999); received People’s Choice Award at the Torino Film Festival (1999), Promotion Prize at the Film Festival Cottbus (1999), and Regional Film Award at the Sarajevo Film Festival (2000);
- “Szczęśliwy człowiek” (dir. Małgorzata Szumowska) – was showcased at various
international film festivals and received very good reviews in international media; received prestigious award at the IFF in Thessaloniki (2000); nominated by the European Film Academy (Berlin 2001) for Fassbinder Prix in the ‘discovery’category;
- “Antychryst” (dir. Adam Guziński) – was presented at many international film festivals and showcases; awarded at international film festivals in Telluride, USA and Torino, Italy; won Grand Prix in Bilbao and awards in Bordeaux, Nice, Stuttgart at Huesca Film (Spain), at Cinema Jove (Spain); was up for a nomination to the 2003 Oscar Awards.
Recently, Indeks has been working on four films; another four films are in preproduction stage.