Studio Miniatur Filmowych Sp. z o.o.
ul. Królewicza Jakuba 12a, 02-956 Warszawa, Poland
tel. +48 (22) 845 53 45
fax: +48 (22) 845 53 45
Studio Miniatur Filmowych was established in 1958 and since then it has produced over 1,500 animated films. It was the birthplace of the Polish Animated School; these two concepts/institutions are inseparable. They were both created by: Walerian Borowczyk, Halina Bielińska, Włodzimierz Haupe, Jan Lenica, Witold Giersz, Alina Maliszewska, Zofia Oraczewska, Piotr Szpakowicz, Bogdan Nowicki, Stefan Szwakopf, Mirosław Kijowicz, Kazimierz Urbański, Jerzy Kalina, Leszek Komorowski, Leszek Gałysz, Leszek Galewicz, and Piotr Dumała. The company has produced short films, feature films, and series. It has also been active in the advertising business and supported non-commercial art films. Moreover, it realizes smaller film production forms such as instructional videos, animated credits, insertions. SMF’ films have won over 300 awards both abroad and in Poland. The company cooperates with 80 authors: film directors, animators, graphic designers, and various specialists in the field of the animation art. SMF has its own sound studio and offers sound and editing services, as well as dubbing and synchronic effects.
- “Zmiana warty” (1958), dir. Halina Bielińska, Włodzimierz Haupe;
- „Szkoła” / „The School” (1958), dir. Walerian Borowczyk;
- „Czerwone i czarne” / „The Red and The Black” (1963), dir. Witold Giersz;
- “Labirynt” / “Labyrinth” (1962), dir. Jan Lenica;
- “Materia” / “The Matter” (1963), dir. Kazimierz Urbański;
- “Apel” / “Appeal” (1970), dir. Ryszard Czekała;
- „Łagodna” / „A Gentle Woman” (1985), dir. Piotr Dumała;
- „Tryumf Pana Kleksa” / „Mr. Kleks’ Triumph” (2001), dir. Krzysztof Gradowski;
- „Warzywniak, 360°” (2007), dir. Andrzej Barański;
- „Klatki” / „Cages” (1966), dir. Mirosław Kijowicz